About the department:
The Research and Program Development Department supports The Queen Rania’s Foundation’s (QRF) goal to catalyze, deepen and accelerate education system-reform in Jordan. We do that by carrying out research, working with others to develop new programs and initiatives, and supporting the capacity of the system to reliably deliver on its ambitions for Jordanian learners.
All the while, we aim to leave behind a legacy of ‘what-works’ that others can build on. For the next three-to-five years, the majority of QRF’s work is focused on shifting Arabic literacy outcomes through improving the school and home learning environments. This role sits within the learning at school stream, is core to meeting our organizational aims, and represents a rare opportunity to deliver real impact at scale.
About the Position:
QRF is seeking candidates who are passionate to improve the education system and student learning outcomes in Jordan, and with research skills and a professional background in program development and testing. Specialized experience and knowledge in learning and teaching Arabic literacy is essential.
In this role you will be responsible for leading on developing and producing online content and resources that enhance Arabic Language teachers’ (Grades 1 - 6) understanding and practices around the effective teaching and learning of Arabic literacy
An understanding of the importance of literacy foundational skills, and the research into how to best prepare young learners for reading and writing, is a big bonus. As is some experience of commissioning digital products or services.
- Research and iteratively design, build and test programs to improve student learning outcomes in Jordan, in line with QRF’s Arabic literacy focused strategy.
- Advise on the most up-to-date practices in Arabic literacy instruction, and the most promising new approaches for Arabic language teaching and learning with focus on school curriculum, instructional practices, learning tasks and assessment.
- Work with principals, teachers, students in the field, and conduct meetings, trainings and orientation sessions.
- Source programmatic solutions and determine the most suitable solutions to local educational challenges.
- Identify, recruit and appropriately manage key program partnerships and relationships
- Quality control key program deliverables
- Represent the Learning at school program to external audiences – for example, through blogs, conference attendance or forums.
- Perform other research and program development related duties as assigned.
- B.A in Arabic Language Teaching, Linguistics or Literature.
- 1-3 years of experience and/or knowledge in teaching and learning Arabic literacy.
- Design thinking skills
- Experience in integrating educational technology in teaching and learning
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Experience/ knowledge in effective pedagogy and professional development to improve pedagogy.
- Human-centered design experience.
- Behavior change management experience, essentially the ability to facilitate change from one state to another by uncovering and studying the habits and behaviors behind the current practices, processes and systems, and adapting those behaviors or creating new ones that will sustain the new desired practices.
- Experience in Jordan or the region
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to communicate persuasively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- Organized and has a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous at work.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to make sense in ambiguity.
To apply, send your CVs to [email protected]