About the Position
QRF bases its goals, strategy and programs on evidence. As such, the Foundation works to generate robust data that can be utilised internally and by stakeholders alike to make decisions based on evidence, need and the reality on the ground.
The Quantitative RPD Officer will be responsible for supporting the department in generating such evidence. The officer is expected to facilitate RPD’s research efforts by writing research proposals, generating research questions, developing methodology documents, analysing data, discussing findings with the wider QRF team and local and international stakeholders, reporting on the data and identifying policy recommendations from the findings.
The right person for the job has a passion for finding answers to various education-related questions, has high attention to detail, is thorough and rigorous in their work, and can spend hours crunching numbers behind a screen.
Roles and responsibilities
- Conduct thorough data cleaning and validation
- Perform descriptive and inferential statistics on primary and secondary data
- Transforming raw data into meaningful findings
- Developing policy recommendations based on findings
- Visualising data and findings for a variety of audiences
- Liaise with data collection vendors on our research efforts
- Reporting on findings in briefs or reports for multiple audiences
- Disseminating the findings of QRF’s research
- Adhering to ethical procedures throughout the research process
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economics, Statistics or a related field
- Master’s degree is an advantage
- Completion of a quantitative-based university thesis is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both Arabic and English
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in statistical software, such as SPSS, R or Stata
To apply, send your CVs to [email protected]