About the evaluation team:
The Evaluation Team is embedded with the Research and Program Development Department at QRF, which undertakes programmatic and policy-oriented research to support the improvement of pre-tertiary learning outcomes in Jordan.
The Evaluation Team provides support and guidance on design as well as leading on the development of appropriate, robust, and ethical evaluation and monitoring frameworks including interpretation, analysis and knowledge uptake.
QRF is looking for a dynamic individual seeking to develop a career in monitoring and evaluation at Officer/Senior Officer level dependent on current experience. He/she will help QRF’s high performing teams develop tailor-made solutions for their monitoring, evaluation, and learning needs, and support their implementation. He/she will be expected to demonstrate initiative and flexibility as well as having an appetite for learning about both evaluation and the education sector.
The Officer/Senior Officer will be expected to:
- Support the development of key evaluative areas such as:
- Theories of change
- Key evaluation questions
- Integrated monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans
- Provide technical advice on areas including data collection, results frameworks or indicators
- Undertake analysis, interpretation, and reporting
- Provide advice and guidance on ethical approaches to evaluation activities
- Undertake fieldwork and training on areas such as data collection
- Develop tools and work with data collection platforms such as surveyCTO or equivalent
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. education, psychology, sociology, economics or another social science)
- Passion for improving student learning outcomes in Jordan
- Experience in Jordan or the region
- Work experience in relevant fields: education, economic development, public policy, research, consulting, etc.
- Arabic and English fluency (written and spoken)
- Monitoring and evaluative work experience in a relevant field: education, economic development, public policy, research, consulting, etc.
- Recognized post-graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation
- At least three years of experience
- Academic or professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with strong knowledge of the different forms and challenges associated with evaluation models
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and has a strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Ability to collaborate, lead and work in a team
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
- Ability to build and sustain professional relationships
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in Arabic and English