About the Research and Program Development Department:
The Evaluation Team is embedded with the Research and Program Development Department at QRF, which undertakes programmatic and policy- oriented research to support the improvement of pre-tertiary learning outcomes in Jordan.
The Evaluation Team provides support and guidance on design as well as leading on the development of appropriate, robust and ethical evaluation and monitoring frameworks including interpretation, analysis and knowledge uptake.
This post requires an experienced individual who has led complex evaluations independently and is comfortable in a very advanced evaluation environment with sophisticated and leading-edge stakeholders, and able to analyze and debate key areas such as sampling and current thinking about qualitative research.
The manager will be expected to:
- Lead the evaluation aspect of large studies and the evaluation approach in applications for a variety of studies including those using experimental and quasi-experimental methodologies;
- Oversee design, methodological selection, data quality, and evaluation/research ethics providing high level leadership and challenge to peers;
- In the long-term, oversee engagement with QRF’s affiliates with respect to monitoring and evaluation advice and support.
- Lead on the development of clear evaluation reports, briefings and other suitable outputs.
- Mange two or more high performing QRF staff members and contribute to the strategic thinking of the organization.
- Potentially recruit and manage research fellows.
- Support engagement with QRF’s partners and stakeholders.
- Represent QRF at events such as workshops and conferences.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. education, psychology, sociology, economics or another social science);
- Passion for improving student learning outcomes in Jordan;
- Experience in Jordan or the region;
- Work experience in relevant field: education, economic development, public policy, research, consulting, etc.;
- Arabic and English fluency (written and spoken); and
- Monitoring and evaluative work experience in relevant field: education, economic development, public policy, research, consulting, etc.
- Recognized post-graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation
- At least 10 years of increasingly senior and independent leadership
- Academic or professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with strong knowledge of the different forms and challenges associated with evaluation models (e.g. Impact, Theory Based etc.);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Organized and has a strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under-pressure and meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised;
- Ability to collaborate, lead and work in a team;
- Detail oriented and meticulous;
- Ability to build and sustain professional relationships; and
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in Arabic and English.
Only candidates residing in Jordan will be considered. To apply, send your CVs to [email protected]